<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Clarence Thomas 

Well, it looks like the new Democratic leader in the Senate, Harry Reid (NV), has some punch in him after all:
When asked to comment on Thomas as a possible replacement for Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Reid told NBC's "Meet the Press": "I think that he has been an embarrassment to the Supreme Court.

"I think that his opinions are poorly written. I just don't think that he's done a good job as a Supreme Court justice.

He does later praise Justice Scalia for being a "smart guy", but that's ok, let him start with Thomas.

Side note: About 6 months ago, I had the opportunity to meet Senator Reid, in his office located in the U.S. Capitol building. After seeing the office, I can see why a Senator would want to be Leader or Whip, their offices look like they could be located in one of Saddam's Palaces. They're unbelievably large, beautifully funrished, and there are fireplaces in every room. If I had one of them, i'd never leave to do any work. Oh, and he is a very nice guy (I was too distracted looking around his office, to really form to much of an opinion of him).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?