<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Steele 

Maryland's Governor Ehrlich has a fundraiser in an all white Country Club, and his African-American Lt. Governor doesn't care:
Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele, who is African-American, said he hadn't talked to the governor about the event and wasn't concerned by it.

"I don't know that much about the club, the membership, nor do I care, quite frankly, because I don't play golf. It's not an issue with me," Steele told the Associated Press yesterday.

I guess Steele's saying that if you're African American, and you don't golf, a race-exclusive Country Club shouldn't be an issue. I also guess that he'd think if you were in the South during the 50's, and you didn't eat in restaurants, segregated lunch counters weren't an issue either. I'm sure that the 27.9 % of Maryland's population that are African-American might care.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?