Thursday, March 12, 2009
- This is a great way to boost California's tourism and terrible home sales numbers. I think it's a great idea. Our drug laws, especially marijuana related, have to be reformed. There are too many people taking up jail cells b/c of it.
- Speaking of drug reform, where's Sen. Jim Webb been?
- I recently went to an event for Senate Banking Chairman Chris Dodd (D-CT). He's NOT in favor of Nationalizing banks, despite recent reports.
- Michael Steele is the best spokesperson the Democrats could have. Oh wait...
- I used to think Ari Fleischer was (reasonably) sane. I'm not sure the "Saddam did 9/11" nonsense will ever go away. But the question is, do they really believe it or are they intentionally keeping the misinformation out there? I think the latter, as long as there's enough conservatives that will believe it.
- Speaking of Senator Webb, Where's Sen. Mark Warner been?
"Congress has no oversight of it. It’s an executive assassination ring essentially, and it’s been going on and on and on. Just today in the Times there was a story that its leaders, a three star admiral named [William H.] McRaven, ordered a stop to it because there were so many collateral deaths.
"Under President Bush’s authority, they’ve been going into countries, not talking to the ambassador or the CIA station chief, and finding people on a list and executing them and leaving. That’s been going on, in the name of all of us.
"It’s complicated because the guys doing it are not murderers, and yet they are committing what we would normally call murder. It’s a very complicated issue. Because they are young men that went into the Special Forces. The Delta Forces you’ve heard about. Navy Seal teams. Highly specialized.
Labels: Quick Hits